Friday, February 9, 2018

The Simple Adventures of Life

Hello friends, family, and strangers who are reading this. I have not written a post in a while so I thought I'd throw one together to update you on my incredibly interesting and adventurous life. Just kidding, its pretty ordinary at the moment but honestly-I wouldn't have it any other way. At the moment there are four different categories that make up the life of Carrie Schow. Those categories are (in no particular order) 1. School 2. Work 3. Tyler 4. Personal Free Time. As you can tell I live a very original and exciting life (sarcasm again). So if you don't mind me rambling on about what I am spending my time doing these days, please continue to read on. If not, well at least you got the summary.

1. School
77 DAYS UNTIL I GRADUATE AND CAN END THE ERA OF POINTLESS LEARNING IN MY LIFE. I'm totally kidding about the pointless learning. I think a education is very valuable and I enjoy learning about how tiny humans develop. My graduating degree will be a Bachelor in Family Life with an Emphasis in Human Development. This semester I only have 1 class that I have to attend and the rest are online. Luckily, all of my classes are interesting so I am fortunate to actually enjoy the final semester of school. Overall, choosing to study human development my freshman year has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. I love learning about children and why they are the way that they are and how to best help them develop healthy relationships, personality traits, and habits. More importantly, it has totally prepared me to be mom of the year someday. Or at least not totally screw up my future children. Also more importantly, choosing this major has led me to my current job which I absolutely love.
Typical selfie
2. Work
When I would tell people that I am studying "Human Development" they usually would look at me rather blankly and say "oh that's cool. . ." take a long pause. . . and then say, "So like...what do you wanna do with that?" (Or in other words-what the heck CAN you do with that???). In my mind I'd be saying something like "Be a mom, duh" or "I have absolutely no clue to be completely honest". But I would usually tell them, "I'm not sure yet but something that involves working with kids". Well everyone-I have found that something! I currently work at a public charter school with elementary school children in the Special Education Department. When I chose to take this job many people warned me that I would get burnt out and that it would be exhausting. Well guess what? I'm just about burnt out and I'm exhausted at the end of every day. But the kids that I get to work with are some of the funniest, sweetest, sassiest kids who I absolutely love. They make me laugh every single day. At the same time, they make me chase them down the halls or hand me snot filled Kleenexes every day as well. But I always come home with a new story and reason as to why I love my job. It is very rewarding and I love watching them learn and grow.

Us just livin' life
3. Tyler
Well, we're just about at our 7 month mark of marriage! So far, it has been totally awesome. This semester Tyler is also taking mostly online classes which makes his work schedule much more flexible. He has been jumping around new accounts at work which has influenced his hours a little bit but we are on a mostly regular 8-5 schedule together. He decided to run a marathon in June which he is training for. I decided to do something totally absurd and signed up for the 10k (in the same race). I have never run that much in my life so we'll see how it goes. We are currently teaching the 5-6 year olds in Primary which is fun for us most weeks. Just kidding, we love our kids. All I really have to say about Tyler is that he's the best. I leave our house every day already missing him and come home as excited to see him as I was when we first started dating. He really is my best friend and I can't imagine going through life without him.
On our way to teach our Primary class... apparently we enjoy taking duck face car selfies...
4. Personal Free Time
To be completely honest most of my free time involves catching up on the latest episodes of This is Us, Greys Anatomy, The Good Doctor, and The Bachelor. However, I do keep up with cooking, cleaning, laundry, and taking care of our five chicken children (Matilda, Delores, Francine, Georgia, and Nugget). I think the chickens and I are finally bonding. Oh yes-I also spend a few hours every few days trying to motivate myself to spend 30 minutes on the treadmill. . . ya know, 10k coming up and such?

Well that pretty much sums up my life. I am not exploring the islands of Greece or enjoying the beautiful streets of Italy like I was a little over a year ago. But you know what? I am exploring what it is like to be a wife and enjoying the new experiences I have each and every day. And that is why life is so, so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment